Tuesday, December 15, 2009

TYC, Aruba Petroleum...Special Aren't They

Where do I start today? Oh, I guess from the beginning. I've been targeted once again at work. While I was at lunch, some TYC echelon searched my room. Seems they have a problem with the student journals and how they're decorated. I had magazines donated by various people. The magazines given to the school to use were Sports Illustrated, JC Penny Catalogue and Home & Garden. The boys removed pictures from the pages and then decorated their journals. The gestapo in charge wanted to know if I was aware of their policy that limited the boys' exposure to "skin"?

As I pondered this statement, it made me wonder how it is that if they found a few women in swimsuits on the students' journals unacceptable that they find it acceptable for the boys to be watching let's see...Rock of Love, Sex Rehab with Dr. Drew...and many other wonderful family programs brought to the boys in the TYC controlled dorm via cable.

Also, the teachers are under fire because the boys have recently amassed lots of new prison tattoos. Oh, it's our fault because apparently the boys are stealing the pens and staples from our classrooms. So, I asked, "How long does it take to give a standard prison tattoo?" The response, "At least 30 minutes to an hour, it's a tedious process." So, wouldn't the issue be...where is the STAFF that's supposed to be watching the boys during these 30 minutes to an hour? Hmmm....does make one wonder.

Well, I'm not surprised, it's the pass the buck mentality that most big wigs in Texas have. And not only that, but if they can point out your mistakes then you won't notice their mistakes all that much, right? Isn't that what Aruba has done to the Ruggieros?

Aruba lied to the Ruggieros. Aruba took up to 5 of their 10 acres. Aruba took their acreage without any notice. Aruba cut an enormous hole in their $15,000 pipe fence. Aruba threatened and intimidated the Ruggieros. Aruba spilled toxic waste on the Ruggiero property and then tried to hide it. But all this is forgiven because Aruba gave the Ruggieros $30,000. Oh, isn't that special.

6 comments:

Jovan Gonzales said...

I'm not sure what you're more upset at and it's scary!!! I'm sorry you haven't had a lovely day. :(

If it makes you feel better (you should get a kick out of this), I've been on this "environmental" kick lately, k? Well, I asked my mom (politely even!) to pick up some milk and bread on her way home from work to which she smartly replied, "go walk to Piggly Wiggly, that's an environmental thought." BWAHAHAHAHA. That jerk!

I did walk to Piggly Wiggly. She also decided that some Christmas cards that needed to be sent out could not be done while out doing something else, so I had to walk to the PO to drop them off. -__-

I wanted to use my car, but I didn't want my little bro telling on me for not walking it. Thusly, I made him walk with me! It's something like 2 miles roundtrip!!!

See, in case you haven't realized, most people don't operate on common sense, or your bosses would have better staffing and filter channels. Aruba would also realize that killing people and the planet result in a net loss of revenue when they eventually have to pay out big or pay to reform. Just sayin! Maybe you and I can just be the next greatest law-makers ever seen!? Just a thought! :P

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

All that walking does the body good! I'm 'bout ready to head to the park and do a bit of walking myself!

I think you'd make a great law maker, deal breaker...oh, that's something from a song, er...You can be the front guy, I'll be the one behind the scenes. ;)

I just need the xmas break to start like yesterday! SERENITY NOW!

Jovan Gonzales said...

You sound like my mom with a comment about walking doing me good. Listen. I don't need no stinkin walkin! Kidding. I do enjoy walking, but only when it's just to be walking, you know?

I don't think I'd be a good lawmaker, etc, I'm too easily attached and indecisive. Who knows, maybe J & J would be the best team to ever assemble on capitol hill!!!

I'm glad it's Christmas ... I'm just already bored of being back in my hometown. It's too small and lame.

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

Could be worse...you could be stuck in Wink! ;)

Unknown said...

A minor correction: Aruba did NOT doze down our $15,000 fence. They did cut a big feakin' hole through the thing, built a gravel road right through where they cut it, and then stole Fred Sanford's gates and welded them on to OUR fence. I'll be posting pictures tomorrow so you can see what a great job OUR fence is doing protecting THEIR equipment, including the 4 condensate tanks.

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

Minor correction...done! Thank you :) Tim, it's so nice of you to provide protection for Aruba's equipment...you're such a nice neighbor.