Sunday, January 3, 2010

Being De Christmasized

I've spent the afternoon taking down the Christmas tree, putting away holiday decorations and removing all things Christmas like. Being de Christmasized didn't hurt that much and it definitely wasn't at all what I had expected, but it had to be done.

Having lunch with Durango and Annie yesterday after the hike on Tandy Hills gave me good soup ideas. We had lunch at Sweet Tomatoes, a lovely little salad, soup & bread/pizza place. I love soup, and I love salad, but not necessarily in that order. Since I'm on the HCG Diet, I sorta strayed a bit from my narrow list of foods, but not too far from home. Anyway, after having that most pleasurable lunch, I decided that in the woes of undecorating that I'd put a pot of soup on. Mine was caramelized onions, garlic, beef broth, brussels sprouts, broccoli, parsley, sea salt and a bit of lean stew meat. I was thinking of calling it the 3B soup, but I haven't decided yet.

Then there was a rap rap at the door. It was Ms. Jones. Sometimes I help Ms. Jones with her newspaper software, something called Adobe Indesign CS4.
I have some kind of innate ability to intuitively know how software will behave...er wait, that's not me that's this fellow.
I just read very well and am sometimes able to figure things out, after a few hours or days. Well, she was not coming by to solicit my help for the newspaper, but to write a grant for the Rig Theatre.

The Rig Theatre was built in 1925 and was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2003. It was a fully functioning movie house way back in the 20s in Wink and now the group that owns the theatre would like to bring it back to life. Ms. Jones had a lot of great ideas for uses...family reunions, summer playhouse, classic film festivals and maybe even special premieres.

I'm in the market for a new job, this has me wondering. Do you think I can get work as a grant writer?

No comments: