Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Durango, My Tutor

This is my first attempt at taking a screen shot and blogging it. My Tutor, Durango, gave me explicit instructions in a comment right here on this very blog. He is such a fantastic teacher. Although, I think I'm having trouble with my photo software. I should use the one he suggested.

"Japan is a nation of 127 million people with a long history of disasters, both manmade and natural, from a 1923 earthquake that killed 142,800 in the Tokyo region to the country's doomed entry into World War II, which ended with the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki."

This was my true purpose in blogging today...just wanted all the end of the worlders to see...this is not the first natural or manmade disaster Japan has experienced, nor shall it be the last. I don't overshadow this disaster by any means, but I just would like the vision prophecy seekers to lay off. There's enough to worry about without adding apocalyptic hysteria to the mix. And according to the know all of the internet...WIKIPEDIA... "Apocalyptic is a sub-genre of science fiction that is concerned with the end of civilization due to a catastrophe such as nuclear warfare, pandemic, impact event, cybernetic revolt, Technological Singularity, Dysgenics, supernatural phenomena, Ecological disaster, resource depletion or some other general disaster."

Did you happen to see the "key" word? FICTION. In case, you are unsure of what fiction means, it means...NOT TRUE! Take the earthquake for what it is...an earthquake. And take the human suffering for exactly what it is...human suffering. Now, get out there, roll up your sleeves, and lend a helping hand!

No comments: