Wednesday, September 16, 2009

HCG Diet, Side Effect...Fat Eradication

I did two rounds of the HCG Diet, once in March and then again in May or June. The only side effect I noticed was fat eradication. My hair didn't fall out, my skin didn't go bad or I didn't experience any ill effects that I'm aware of. It's not like this diet just popped up on the market, I mean it did in the United States, but it's been around since the 40's in Europe.

I did both drops and shots. I didn't like the drops, not because they tasted bad, but because you had to hold the HCG under your tongue for 30 seconds and that was difficult. And then, you couldn't drink anything for 15 minutes. Since I took the drops in the morning after waking, it interfered with my java intake.

With the shots, I didn't have to worry about not drinking anything or worry about holding the liquid under my tongue. The shots just seemed to be easier for me to do. Giving yourself a shot probably sounds scary, but it isn't. The needle is very minute and it wasn't painful at all. I did have experience because of the glucagon that I injected for hypoglycemia, but even without that experience I still think I would have been fine.

I lost a total of 37 pounds. I went from a size 10-12 to a size 4. You don't have to work out or exercise on the diet, but I did. I weight lifted in order to firm my body after losing the weight. Also, from being on the diet, I found that I had retrained myself on eating habits. Today, I find that I still skip breakfast without any negative side effects. I usually have an apple around mid-morning and then tuna and crackers for the afternoon. I rarely have a meal at night, I just snack on something like a salad with cucumbers and maybe a few slices of turkey.

I'm thinking I still need to drop about 10 to 15 pounds more. With that thought, I've thought about doing one last round of HCG beginning in October. This way, I'll insulate myself against Winter gain and Thanksgiving and Christmas goodies.

Here's another recipe from the HCG Gourmet Cookbook:
Tomato Basil Soup
2 cups chicken or vegetable broth

2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
3 ounces of tomato paste
4-6 leaves of fresh basil rolled and sliced
1-2 cloves garlic crushed and minced
2 tbs chopped onion
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp dried oregano
Pinch of marjoram
Salt and black pepper to taste
Puree all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Pour into a saucepan and heat to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes. Serve hot, garnish with fresh basil leaves or parsley.




2 comments:

Durango said...

15 more pounds? You'll be a scarecrow. Are you certain you aren't anorexic?

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

You know (well, you wouldn't know) I look different de-robed. There's still a certain amount of blubber I'd like to see gone. No, I'm not anorexic, I fought that disease/syndrome years ago in high school. I think just about every female at one time or another experiences a distorted body view, some just have it a bit more severe than others.