Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Recovering From The Alamo

The girls and I traveled to San Antonio for a quick trip. While there we visited my doctor, swam in a very cold pool, sat in the hot tub, ate at the Rain Forest Cafe, saw the Alamo, walked the River Walk, went on a Ghosts and Legends tour, got completely lost, and finally spent a day at Sea World.

I won't bother you with the details of seeing the doc, but Durango was able to decipher the nature of my visit correctly. That's right I'm having breast reduction surgery. These bad boys are causing a great deal of back pain. And seeing that Durango has first hand experience with extra large bosoms, it would only make sense that he should be consulted.

The same day of doc seeing also had us city seeing. We parked at Dennys and walked to Alamo Plaza, just a few blocks away. Upon arriving, we passed right in front of the Alamo. I remember taking the tour when I was fourteen and was amazed to find the Alamo in downtown San Antonio. Of course, being from Mississippi I really didn't understand the reasoning, until later after having a bit of Texas History. The fort would have been the center of town. Makes sense, at that time this was hostile territory so you'd need a fort with defenses and naturally the city just "formed" around it. Well, that's my simplified version.

There's so much to tell and well, I just haven't been able to catch up since being back...whew...I need another Spring Break!

2 comments:

Durango said...

CT2---
I believe the Alamo was built as a Spanish Mission and only become a fortress when the dire need arose.

After you get those bad boys cut down to a more fitting size I'm thinking you might be able to go up a steep hill easier without getting a bad case of the vapors.

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

I knew somebody would correct my version! :-)

You're right...there shall be no hill untraveled.