Thursday, August 13, 2009

HCG Diet and Weight Eradication Update

Jesse, my usual work out partner only finished half our routine opting to play racquetball instead even though he broke his nose last week when he played. The men in the weight room challenged me to do some free weights, and considering that I'm highly competitive, I accepted.

Just like with running on the treadmill and then taking it to the track, free weights are another whole level of difficulty and intensity. First, you have to concentrate not only on doing the exercise properly, but maintain your balance and not wobble around. Well, I did a bit of wobbling tonight with the four exercises I was introduced to.

The fellows wanted to know what I'd like to work on...I hesitated a bit, not because I didn't know, but because I was a teeny tiny embarrassed to tell
them. So, finally I said that I'd like to workout my pectorals. They looked at me a little stunned, I suppose wondering why I'd want to do that, so I sighed heavily...basically explained that I'd like a natural breast lift. Well, they understood that right away and knew exactly what exercises I would need to do.

Exercise number 1: Bench press, 3 sets of 8 bar only 45lbs
Lay down on bench, place hands on bar spread apart as far as comfortable. Lift bar from supports and slowly lower bar to chest, but don't rest on your chest. As you lower weight, you'll inhale and as you raise the weight you exhale.

Exercise number 2: Declined Dumbbell press, 3 sets of 8, 2 dumbbells

25lbs each
This isn't an incline bench, but it's close to the floor and then extends upwards in a 45 degree angle. Lay with your head towards the floor, legs going upward away from the floor. Take a dumbbell in your right hand, and while using both hands lift the dumbbell above your chest, arms fully extended. Then a spotter will hand you the other dumbbell for your left hand. Lower the dumbbells slowly down towards your chest pulling outward across your body. This was a difficult exercise to master, and I needed a lot of help to steady my arms.

Exercise number 3: Upward Dumbbell Press, 3 sets of 8, 2 dumbbells 25lbs each
Same as exercise number 2, except now your feet are towards the floor and your head is laying upwards on the bench.

Exercise number 4: Inclined Dumbbell Press, 3 sets of 8, 2 dumbbells 25lbs each
In a sitting inclined position you do the same motions as in exercises 1 - 3.

No comments: