Sunday, August 23, 2009

HoTT Sticky Sweet in Dallas

I attended the Def Leppard, Cheap Trick and Poison concert Friday night in Dallas along with several thousand screaming and gyrating exuberant fans. My cousin and I arrived in plenty of time to hawk out the remaining tickets to a father and son duo. Once inside the Superpages.com center, we found our seats and the undulating evening began. Cheap Trick opened the event, belting out some of my favorites; "I Want You to Want Me", "Dream Police" and "Surrender". A short intersession gave way to Poison, with lead singer




Bret Michaels sporting his cowboy hat, tight jeans and 80's long hair. I've never been a big Poison fan, but I'll have to say...they were looking mighty fine that evening. I kept hoping I'd get a glimpse of the ladies from the Tour of Love (sorta the same as the House of Love), but I never did. Big John was there though, filming the swaying arms of fans raised high in the air...paying tribute to the service men and women...Giving Them Something to Believe in.













The night wrapped up with Def Leppard transporting me back in time to when I was a teen/early adult, with really big hair, really blue eyeshadow and really short skirts. I donned the evening with semi big hair, just a smudge of blue eyeshadow and traded in the short skirt for a pair of faded jeans.




I noticed there were a lot of beautiful women at the concert who seemed frozen in time. These 40 year olds have aged well, and well...I'm sure proud for them. Commonality is reassuring at times even when it's badly singing "Pour Some Sugar On Me".

No comments: