Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Cootie Queen

My friend Durango refers to me as the Queen of Wink. This reference can sometimes get under the skin of people who actually think of themselves as royalty. Thinking about being the queen, made me think about one of my favorite commercials. Yes, I do like commercials. Usually, that's all the attention span I have... about 3 minutes.

This particular commercial is an Orbit one, referencing the ever popular Cootie Queen. Under normal circumstances the Cootie Queen can be found in most elementary schools. The Cootie Queen is not well liked by others and that's because she spreads cooties. I'm thinking Kaye Bailey Hutchinson is a former Cootie Queen that's grown into a Bailout Queen.

What has Kaye Bailed out on? Didn't she say she would do only TWO terms in the Senate? Wasn't that in 1993 when she made that statement? Didn't she also say that she would resign from the Senate when she ran for governor? Then of course, the most credible proof of earning her title...she voted for the bailout. I'm thinking though that soon, we'll be singing her a tune:

Na na na na na na na na
Hey hey hey goodbye

2 comments:

Jovan Gonzales said...

I have loved that commercial forEVER. Who are you callin a cootie Queen you lint licker!? HAHAHAHA! Love. It.

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

What the FRENCH, toast? I know, huh...geniuses!