Saturday, February 27, 2010


A total whirlwind of a week that ended with some great and wonderful news. All week long I have trained to be a member of the 2010 Census. I can't say that everyday of the training has been tantalizing, but I have learned a whole bunch, met some people, and acquired my area assignment for the next three weeks.

We went from having a snow day on Tuesday to having a shorts and tee shirt day on Wednesday, very bizarre weather. On my snow day, stuck inside, I emailed and talked long distance to some good people over in Fort Worth and within a matter of DAYS, a most important crucial rally was birthed.

On top of that, do you remember me mentioning how proud I was of my former Pecos middle school students that are now Pecos high school students? My former Pecos students PROTESTED the unfair removal of Coach Henson from the Athletic Director spot at Pecos High School. This PROTEST included the students making posters with slogans such as: "NO COACH, NO SCHOOL"...that's right, then the students refused to go into school.

I know what you're thinking, "Good for them, but you know...nothing is going to change." I kid you not, I have heard those very words uttered all week long since the PROTEST showed up on the evening local news. NOTHING IS GOING TO CHANGE...well, my dear friends, something has changed. Just last night, with only two months on the job, Superintendent Lujan has decided to RESIGN.

Now, I don't know if the SAVE CARTER AVE PROTEST RALLY next Thursday, March 4th will bring about the same type of change as did the PECOS PROTEST RALLY, but I do know this. This is not the end. Chesapeake, beware...


You've called down the thunder and well now, you've got it!

No comments: