Monday, February 15, 2010

The Day After


Any chocolate overdoses out there I need to know about? Why is it that when you're single and content that people tend to think you have issues? I get up each morning, brew some java and smile...I love my life. No, I don't have everything I want, but what I do have I enjoy and am happy with. Isn't that the real trick? Being content with what one has? Does that mean I'm advocating that you shouldn't strive to have more? No, of course it doesn't.
Another thing I'd like to comment on before I head out the door. Change. I used to think that it was perfectly normal to want to change things about other people to make them fit more appropriately into your world. I now, after years of mistakes and miscommunication, found that to be very ill advised. Think of it this way, the person you may be trying to "change" or "fix" is probably the perfect somebody for someone else and there you are ruining that person for his/her soul mate. So, be patient, your sexy counterpart is out there somewhere, no need to go and create one.

8 comments:

Jen said...

I see your point. I personally prefer to know people.. unique, who are different from me and who can stimulate me in a different way from the histories. But I want to have the one who are very like me. If possible.

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

Hello Jen!
From my many years of mistakes, mainly due to impulsiveness and also partially due to the fear of being alone...I can confidently say this: Having "things" in common aids considerably in fostering the relationship. I've been with my polar opposite...didn't work. I've been with someone who created music, one of my loves...didn't work, because everything else about us was out of synch. I completely concur...it's best I think to be with someone who is very much like yourself. :)

Jovan Gonzales said...

I think you know that I am not OD'ed on choco, lol. I am totally with you on this one. People think I'm not happy, but I totally am! Of course I don't WANT to be alone, but I think you're right. It'll happen eventually. Uh oh, if we aren't happily married by say ... 75, we can be cat ladies together, hahahahaha!!!

You know, I never thought about changing people in that way. You're so right! How are you so wise and amazing!? Is that what happens when you are a teacher, mother, and Queen of Wink all rolled into one!?

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

Jovan! Hello my dear student!!! Wasn't all that over next door a bit CRAZY!? Glad that's over...whew! Hmmm...does that mean when I'm 75 or when you're 75? I've got three cats, how many does it take to qualify as a kooky kitty lady?

Well, I wouldn't say I'm so wise and amazing...let's just say that I've made PLENTY of mistakes to have learned a few things along the way! Muah :-)

Jovan Gonzales said...

Yeah, "bit crazy" is a bit of an understatement. Hahaha. Um, I guess when you're 75? And 62 for me! :P Um, 3 is pushin it. But you still have kids and are still young enough and still very pretty. You also seem to have social skills. If you cross that magical 4th cat line though ... ... ... well, I think you know! :P

Well, if you made mistakes and learned then that makes you, oh what's the word, WISE! :P Just accept it! You're awesome. The end. :D

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

Kewel! I have something to look forward to in my old age!!!

HA! That's what we tell the boys where I teach...just accept :)

GUESS WHAT!?! Some guys from the TCEQ are coming in March to do some water testing on the second Wink Sink ...and I'm invited!

Jovan Gonzales said...

YAY! Cat ladies for life! CLL!!!

OMG! I hope you're going to be there at the testing!!! You HAVE to take pictures and detail the whole experience!!! That's great that they're going out to Winkie Sinkie! Who knows what kind of mutations, I mean, anomalies, they'll find!?

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

Well, I had to do some eyelash batting, sweet sexy smiling, and sashaying of the hips to get an invite...;0 It's hard to break into the good ol' boys club, but fingers crossed...this gal may just get her chance!