Sunday, May 17, 2009

Stages become milestones

Stage 1: Denial is the first step to accepting. During denial I couldn't accept the fact that something needed to change. I harbored myself in a false sense of security by ignoring the problem, hoping that it would just go away. It didn't.

"Inside of change, truth is ultimately more helpful than good news."

Milestone 1: I have to have the faith that no matter what the facts are, I will come through. I will succeed. I have to understand the change and what is causing the need for it. I'm at a crossroads in my life where I either need to find a new town to live in so that I'm not limited in choices or I need to further my education in order to become more marketable. Even if by some miracle, the Texas Senate resolves it's demand to have the facility closed where I work...they will always continue to use Pyote as a bargaining chip. Previous employees, including my father, have stated this fact...that it's been going on for 20 years.


No comments: