Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Trouble Keeping It Off...Try Weight Eradication with the HCG Diet

Several friends of mine questioned my ability to keep off the weight once lost. Pondering these questions inspired me to create a new phrase for weight loss...one that inferred permanence. The word "lost" can lead one to think...it can be found again. I thought about the word, "vanished"...is that permanent enough? I vanished weight. Maybe...but then you could think about a magic act, like the ones the Great Houdini performed or David Copperfield and once again it could reappear. Then I pondered the word "eradicate". I eradicated weight. I don't think anything ever came back after complete eradication.

Now to answer those burning questions and give you my plan to weight eradication:

1. Weigh frequently. Don't wait for your clothes to become snug before realizing you've put on a few pounds.

2. Get rid of all your fat clothes. Seriously, this must be done! Don't keep the 16's and 14's...ask your skinny friends for hand me downs until you can get new clothes. In fact, one of my friends offered me a pair of size 8 Capris...I took them with no shame!

3. Avoid diet foods...they're a scam! Fat free foods have more sugar, sugar free foods have more fat...don't fall for it! Granola bars, cereal bars are loaded with processed sugar.

4. Avoid these three ingredients when shopping at the grocery store: High Fructose Corn Syrup, Enriched Bleached Flour and Partially Hydrogenated Oils. BAD, BAD, BAD...

5. Start some kind of physical activity; walk to the post office, swim, have a water gun fight with the kids, try lifting weights. Did you know that lifting weights reverses the aging process...no kidding...I saw it on Ripley's Believe It or Not!

6. Think like a skinny person that hasn't been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism.

Yes, things have to change, because I have changed. Organic pasta, cereals and bread fit into my lifestyle changes well, they don't contain the processed and refined sugars. I eat plain old grocery store fruits and veggies, skinless boneless chicken breasts, fresh fish, wild rice and I might try tofu, but not just yet...;)


No comments: