Monday, November 23, 2009

Feels Like Spring Heading Into Thanksgiving

It's a gorgeous Spring like day, I know it's Fall, but it's bright and sun shiny and feels like Spring except for the smell of dirt in the air. I'm not sure why the air reeks of dirt, but it does. I've had the most interesting day. First, this morning when I went to crank up old blue, a 1992 Nissan Pickup, it would not go into gear. I'll assume that the clutch is out. I had to call mommy to see if I could drop Annie off and then head to work in the the 2000 red Nissan Pickup. Before I left the house though, I woke my son to inform him that he would need to secure a ride to school, or leave a bit earlier so that he could he walk.

After arriving at work, I knew that third period would be extremely rough. On Friday, we were watching Romeo and Juliet, of course, after first reading the play. Third period were unusually crass and rude, with comments that I'll not repeat. I did send an email to the teaching staff informing them of the indecent behavior. That email was forwarded without my permission to the case worker and then forwarded again to the superintendent...well, I'm thinking you're getting the picture. I was badgered and harassed today and threatened and well, by the end of the day I was ready for a break. So much so, that I decided I wasn't going to work tomorrow and secured a substitute.

Upon arriving at home, old blue was still sitting in the driveway, confirming that yes, it truly was broken. A little while after arriving home, there was a knock at the door. It was one of my son's friends. He wanted to borrow a game. I said sure and let him back to my son's room. Justin was still up at school for off season practice. I began to wonder about the boy alone in Justin's room, so I went back to see if I could help locate the game. That's when I heard a commotion in Justin's bathroom, sounding like someone trying to slip out the window.

I asked the boy if he heard that and he said no. Hmm...that was puzzling, because it was awfully loud. I went into the bathroom, looked out the window to see the side gate open and the dogs getting out of the yard. After retrieving the dogs, I headed to the practice field to inform Justin that someone had broken into his room through the bathroom window. When I got to the practice field, my son wasn't there. I also found out that he never made it to school.

I went to the boy's house, the same boy that had been at my house earlier and before I could get to the door, out pops my boy. "Get in the car." At the house, "Hand me your cell phone, you're grounded until further notice." Not only is the ex hubby coming in to see the kids, the get away I had planned will not be happening because of the broken down old blue, and now I have a sulky boy to contend with. This week needs to end quickly.

3 comments:

Durango said...

If I've said it once, I've said it twice. You live in Twin Peaks Texas.

So, who broke into Justin's room? Why was Justin at the game seeking boy's house? Was the game seeking some sorta ruse? It's all very confusing.

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

It would seem that my son decided to play hooky from school. He'd forgotten what time I get home...was it 2:45 or 3:45? I'd caught him by surprise, so in a desperate panic, he phoned his game boy friend to come over to the house to cause a distraction, so that Justin, my son, could slip out the window with his backpack and then come around into the front door as if to be coming home from school. It would seem that my son was breaking out of his room. It wasn't until after I reached the practice field that I realized that Justin had skipped school, which I know... everyone needs a break, take me for instance, I've scheduled a day of hooky.

I was upset that he'd tried the slipping out the window thing, letting the dogs escape, getting his friend to pull a ruse for him...than for the actual hooky, so I concocted a rather mean plan. When I got him home, I informed him that I had contacted the principal, and now he had 3 days in ISS. That's total isolation from the rest of the student body, and you go to school from 8AM to 5PM. I let him go on believing he had ISS for a couple of hours. He was rather distressed, I'd not seen him so depressed, so for his mental health, I broke it to him gently that he'd only be grounded for a couple of weeks and without the use of his cell phone. Get this...he was relieved!

Durango said...

That Justin is a handful. Pretty funny though. You are a good mommy.