Thursday, December 31, 2009

Understaffed And Overworked

After reading ProPublica's latest article entitled: State Oil and Gas Regulators Are Spread Too Thin to Do Their Jobs, I decided to do a Google search and see what other sectors are plagued by this problem. I found that this same problem exists in a lot of different industries, here's a short list:



U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
The Securities Exchange Commission
The Nursing Industry
Most Regulatory State Agencies
The Food and Drug Administration
IT Departments

So, I don't understand. I know, I know...I'm not a dumb blonde anymore, but I still don't get it. With all this work to be done, and with such an enormous problem of being understaffed...how come we gots LOTS and LOTS of unemployment?

Oh, and if you could, sign up at ProPublica and leave a comment. ProPublica is a stand alone not for profit agency that focuses on stories where the weak have been exploited by those who have the power to protect, but don't...it's in your best interest.

No comments: