Saturday, July 25, 2009

HCG Diet Update Weight Eradication

Normally I do the diet update on Thursday, but I've been a bit busy. I usually blog in the evenings after work, dinner and family time, but since I've started running...the running has replaced my blogging time.

I've noticed quite a few people have been searching for information on the HCG Diet. It works, BUT...only if you're disciplined and willing to change your lifestyle. Which that's what eradicating weight is all about, changing one's lifestyle, permanently.

If you've dieted on and off for years like me, and you've worked out on and off for years, like me...then I'm sure you have some bad habits, like me. I had to totally change my reasons for eating.

Before you start the HCG diet, I recommend reading several books. The first book is the Sugar Busters book. This book will explain the glycemic index of all foods. It fully explains which foods immediately turn to sugar in the body which creates fat reserves. By only eating foods that are low on the glycemic index you'll drop weight rather quickly. Of course you'll be eliminating foods such as potatoes, corn, breaded foods and refined sugars.

Another book that was extremely helpful was the South Beach Diet book. This book gives you a daily eating guide, wonderful recipes, and it goes hand in hand with the Sugar Busters book. It guides you to select complex carbohydrates and proteins. It helps to retrain your attitude towards food.

The last book is a bit more controversial, but I found the information in it fascinating and well researched. Kevin Trudeau's Natural Cures book has taken a host of harsh reviews, but there's some very good information in it. Basically, once you get past his aversion to government, the book tells you to eliminate three ingredients from your shopping list: Partially Hydrogenated Oils, Enriched, bleached flour and High Fructose Corn Syrup.

I suggest before you spend $600 - $1000 dollars on the HCG diet, that you read these three books, which will cost you less than $25 to purchase. Put some of the suggestions into action and I know that you'll immediately drop twenty pounds. The HCG Diet is extremely restrictive, the diet only allows you 500 calories per day, from a small list of foods. If you've never done anything like that before, you need to practice first.

The HCG diet does work, but if you don't adhere to the strict guidelines you will put weight on. I started the diet in April, and did a course of 28 days. During that 28 days, I went from a size 12 to a size 8. I had to wait for 45 days before I could do a second round. I started the second round somewhere in June. The second time around I went from the size 8 to a size four.

No comments: